“You are never frowning, say that I’m just upside down.”
What is the first question when we meet somebody? The person can be known or unknown, doesn’t matter but the question remains the same, “Hi! How are you?” and, the replies come with a variety of expressions ranging from deep emotion to an extremely excited one. This reply leaves a very profound impact on the person who has asked that question. If the other person is happy, even your mood can change! Still, don’t trust? Try it yourself!!
We’ll be going step by step to understand what exactly DEPRESSION is!!
What to do if you find yourself or your dear one caught in the net of such depressing thoughts.
So, let’s go!!
- What is Depression?
Depression disorder is not passing blue mood but rather persistent feelings of sadness. Basically, it is a lack of desire to engage in formerly pleasurable activities.
- What are the symptoms of Depression?
(a) Feeling of anxiety, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest, panic attacks, sadness, etc.
(b) Excessive crying, self-harm, social isolation, irritability.
(c) Early awakening, excess sleeping or insomnia.
(d) Loss of appetite, excessive hunger, fatigue.
(e) Lack of concentration, thoughts of suicide.
HEY! ARE YOU FEELING THE SAME?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone, millions experience this common disorder. So, trust yourself!
Well, you can with the battle against depression within a few months.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Exercise, doing a thirty-minute workout daily can turn out to be very effective.
- Don’t forget to eat! But do take a Healthy Diet only. Let the fast food go on a vacation!
- Get an adequate amount of sleep. According to National Sleep Foundation, an individual from 18-64 years of age need 7-9 hours of Goodnight Sleep.
- Keep a check on your stress level. Try avoiding negative people or environment. Always approach an enjoyable activity. Go for a walk, take a bike ride, read the amazing stuff on my blog offered by my words, listen to music (can also hear my recordings under ‘Lyrical Twist’ or watch our videos on our YouTube Channel, “MINDFUL BLOGS”.
- Bring that out! Don’t keep your feelings inside, let your emotions flow.
- Interact. Not only with yourself but with the person whom you trust. If needed, do approach a psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist.
ALWAYS TRUST YOURSELF!!!
If you can help yourself, look around… the world is waiting just for you!!!
Dostoevsky once said, “There is only one thing that I dread: not to be worthy of my sufferings.”
Don’t let the present pain spoil your forever smile. After all, everything is transient.
A term ‘provisional existence’ is been pointed out by Victor E. Frankl in his book ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’. It says, ‘A man who cannot see the end of his ‘provisional existence’ can never aim at an ultimate goal in life.’
One could relate this to a Latin word finis having two meanings:
- i) The end or the finish.
- ii) A goal to reach.
Thus, it all depends on you whether you choose an end, the end of your feelings, emotions, thoughts and ultimately your Life or you choose to reach your dream destination.
The Choice Is All Yours!! 🙂
Connect to an all new YouTube channel, “MINDFUL BLOGS” a combined effort of two partners where one is a writer of thoughts and the other is an executor of these thoughts. Click Here to watch the videos.
Don’t forget to subscribe 😉
Keep a track, video for this post is ‘Coming Soon’.